LINK WRAY TRIBUTES
Link Wray passed away from heart failure in Denmark on November 5, 2005. He was buried after a private service at Christians Church in Copenhagen Denmark on November 18, 2005.
Not a word of Link’s passing was uncovered until a few days after his burial. His US family found out about his passing after reading about it in the media.
Link was a Korean War veteran and was very proud of his service to the United States Army.
Link Wray played music for over sixty years, always staying true to himself. Not settling for the “oldies circuit”, Link continued to release new music throughout his long career He completed a lengthy tour of the states just four short months before his death.
Link Wray laid the foundation of rock and roll guitar, influencing the likes of Iggy Pop, Pete Townsend, Bob Dylan and Neil Young, as well as hundreds of thousands of musicians and millions of fans all over the world.
Punk rock, grunge, garage, rock guitar, surf, heavy metal and more…it all started with Link Wray. He shared the stage with Patsy Cline and Bruce Springsteen…and virtually everyone in between. Link Wray is an unsung hero of rock and roll.
- LINK WRAY MUSIC FESTIVAL 2014
- A VISIT TO LINK’S RESTING PLACE - Copenhagen, Denmark - July 2013
- LINK WRAY MUSIC FESTIVAL 2013
- FIRST AMERICANS IN THE ARTS
- LINK WRAY TRIBUTE - STOCKHOLM
- GUITAR GOD
- NOVEMBER 5, 2005
- These were posted shortly after the announcement of Link’s passing. Remembrances from family, friends and fans.